Sunday, October 05, 2008
CampOut
This past Friday I decided that we, as a family, needed to do something fun together. So, I came up with a plan to have a campout in our backyard. The girls were really excited about it, I called Ferrin at work and told him my plan and he thought it was a great idea. I got everything out that we would need to have a campout, Ferrin set up the tent we borrowed a chimnea from our neighbor's so that we can have a fire and roast marshmallows. Everyone was having fun sitting around the fire and eating marshmallows. When it came time to sleep Amber began to get nervous and asked to go inside because she thought she was going to freeze to death. It did get cold that night the temperature was at 50 degrees. Amber ended up sleeping with Ferrin and I. Abbey and Ashley were sleeping in the same tent it took them awhile to go to sleep because they were excited to be sleeping in a tent. We all finally went to sleep well some of us. I however, could not sleep at all I layed there trying to block out all the noise I could but it was no use. With sirens blaring and dogs barking I just couldn't get to sleep. I then thought I had forgotten to close the garage door so I crawled out of the tent to got check when I was inside the house I looked at the time and it was only midnight I thought "you've got to be kidding, this night is never going to end." When I saw that the garage door was closed I went back to the tent and Ferrin woke up saying it was cold and we should go inside and I agreed, only because I couldn't sleep with all the noise outside. So, I guess you can say we at least attempted to campout we did have fun before we went to bed. Here are some pics of out campout enjoy.







Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How fun! I haven't been camping in forever! Now with Jake deployed I certainly won't be attempting a campout in the mountains with the kids, but doing it in the backyard wouldn't be so bad....maybe :) Ok, maybe we should just try roasting marshmallows first and see how that goes!
We used to have campouts in the back yard when I was little. They were tons of fun. Looks like a great family night!
Post a Comment